KICKING SAND DOLLARS ALONG THE BEACH OF DESPERATION & LUXURY
Stuart Semple is an incredible artist … one of the SNC’s all-time favorites, in fact. If you don’t know his name, odds are good that you’ll recognize his work. About Stuart, Aidan Dune wrote:
“There is a real intelligence at the heart of his art. On the one hand he clearly embraces the throwaway, famous-for-15-minutes soundbite culture of celebrity and distraction. On the other, he stops it in its tracks, recasting its giddy imagery in the slow, fixed medium of paint. He might seem to celebrate it, but he actually doesn’t quite trust the world of mass production and communications. His work implies a conviction that there is, or perhaps there better be, something genuine, something real, beyond the glam facade of throwaway culture.”
Stuart is the nicest, sweetest guy. He’s just so warm and with a mission to unite people, knockdown class barriers and just make people HAPPIER through art. he’s just might be our Super Nicest guest yet. I know you’re going to love him. So turn off everything else, tune out the rest of the world and drop in to NICE WORK! with Stuart Semple.
Some (But Not All) Topics:
* The beautiful thing that is and will be VOMA
* Art breaking down class divide
* The beach of desperation and luxury
* Why Denver, CO was once the happiest city in the world
* How to increase empathy, reduce anxiety and conquer social isolation
* The wacky paint made from Anish Kapoor’s heart
* Free paint for BLM activists
* Community-supported art!!